Living separately from husband from 6 yrs want to file for divorce

My friend they got register marriage at the age of 19 but she found the boy is not suitable & touture also she had living seperately last 6 years now she want divorce but the boy dont want to give...plz suggest how she can get divorce & moreover she dont want anything from the boy ( both are they hindu)

Answers (4)

89 votes

The divorce can be sought by either of spouses. It is not necessary that both husband and wife agree for divorce. Divorce are of two types - Mutual Consent Divorce and Contested Divorce. When the husband does not consent for divorce wife has the option to file for contested divorce after consulting divorce lawyers.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

75 votes

It's very simple. File a divorce suit on the grounds which you mentioned in your query. Since you are willing not to live with him then you may exercise your full right to have a decree of divorce.Further, do add that you are not willing to claim maintenance U/s 125 CrPC.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
209 votes


Your friend needs to file for a divorce in the family court via a lawyer. She has the legal right to file for divorce. Ask her to seek out a lawyer and the lawyer will draft a divorce petition and file it in the family court.

112 votes

Yes there are many provisions laid down in our country laws toget a proper decree/order against matrimonial matter, but to obtain decree for divorce their are certain conditions laid down on family laws.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I have own house registered in me and my fathers name. The house was bought with my funds before marriage. My wife is now asking for divorce and I wou…

Read More

Sir my name is XYZ. In 2008 I did marriage. It was contract marriage to go on spouse study visa.It got registerd in 2009. It was a contract marriage s…

Read More

Married for 5.5 years .. Some issues and now from the past 6 months staying separate .. Marriage not registered. want to know the procedure for divorc…

Read More

My daughter Has done Register Marriage On August 2016 Without Knowing Our Family And his family also.She was 20 and He was 24 at the time of marriage.…

Read More