Legal procedure to file a divorce petition

My husband beats me doesn't work or earn sufficient money for surviving doesn't care me should I be separatempted from him

Answers (4)

166 votes

Hello, how is ur husband behaviour with u? And ur in-laws live with ur family? You say about these problems to ur husband? If u r not satisfied with ur husband behaviour than complaint against him in mahila thana and gave a report about ur husband's behave.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

172 votes

Yes you have a right to file the case of domestic violence and maintenance in the Family court of proper jurisdiction. And one more option u have if you don't want to live with your husband than you can file the suit of divorce

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
272 votes

according to your problem it shows that husband is neither performing his marital obligations nor he is showing good behaviour regards you... and he is treating with cruelty repeatedly and situations are such that it is very hard to live together as a husband such a situation either you should proceed for judicial seperation or divorce petition.

86 votes

Dear client,
You may filea Domestic Violence complaint against him in the women cell and also file a case for maintenance u/s125 Crpc if he does not maintain you.
You can file for divorce under cruelty in section 13 of HMA.
For detailed consultation contact through Lawrato.
Adv. Pury
Please rate my profile if you are satisfied.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles