Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legal procedure for divorce & to claim maintenance

I married on 8feb 2017.hindu ..married according to hindu marriage act.husband is a govt employee in ntpc executive posted in allahabad.in law home is indore.husband doesnt want to keep me with him instead he married me to be at village with his parents as servant.differnces grew up and i had to return to kanpur with my mother.he filed section 9 in just 5 days and asked me to stay at village if i want to save marriage otherwise he will file section 13 contested divorce after 8th feb (one year of marriage).he is not ready to keep me with him in his service accomodation. Let me know what can i do with this case further ..how can i bring the case from indore to kanpur n how long will it stretch n interim maintenence in my case

Answers (5)

On the basis of Cruelty you can file Divorce petition in your near by Family Court. Separately file for maintenance or permanent settlement. Kindly consult with an Advocate as soon as possible personally.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

I think by u/s 9 and 13 of Hindu marriage act he is blackmailing you.
If you think so,first of all you should lodge the FIR against your husband and his family for demanding dowry and quarrel with you and your family in your native place and initiate the proceedings of section 125 of C.rpc for maintenance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Hi, he can't file the case under sec. 13 until he has no valid ground, if he files the case you can contest it very easly, and farmost important you send him reply of his legal notice stating it's a cruelty on you, if he is not keeping you with him, and you can start legal proceedings for restoration under sec. 9.

You must immediately file divorce petition at Kanpur along with complaint under section 125 crpc for maintenance. Additionally you should also file a criminal case under section 498a, 504 and 506 of IPC and 3/4 DP act. You can also file a complaint under dimestic violence act directly to the court. You should have acted upon immediately instead of sitting idle and waiting action by your husband.

now you can file complain case showing cruelty with you, if any whether mental or physical against opposite party in kanpur where you are currently residing and you can also file a petition for maintenance in kanpur against opposite party.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hello, I and my wife are separated since 2yrs and I have got one daughter! We didn't had any personal fights between us, her parents used to inter…

Read More

Sir My son got married last year on 24th Jan. 2015. His wife stayed with her for 18 days at my place after the marriage. On 26th Feb. 2015 she went he…

Read More

I married for 4 years ago. Recently I got information that my wife have sexual relation with 3 men. This thing unbearable for me. Also I have 3 years …

Read More

I filed domestic violence and maintenance case in indore district Court on my husband and in law's. At present I am living with my children at my …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue