I dont want to give divorce to my wife

Sir meri marriage ko 3 year ho gye lekin hum 3 year se alag reh rahe hai...meri wife ne mere khilaf complaint dal di ke we are not married and police kehti hai ye marriage valid nai hai...mere pass Gurudwara sahib ka marriage certificate aur anand karj ki video v hai aur police ne jabardsti stamp paper pr samjota krwa diya....meri wife ne FIR mei likha tha ke mei drug use krta hu mere pass medical report v hai jisme sb kus negative hai....ab mei aur meri wife ne divorce ke liye joint petition pa di hai jisme woh maan rahi hai ke mei married hu....kya mei apni wife k against koi case file kr skta hu aur divorce v muj se jabrdsti le rahi hai because meri wife police mei hai aur police wale muje dhamki de rahe hai ke agar apne divorce nai liya toh rape k case pa dena humne....plz help me mein kya kru...mei apni wife ko divorce nai dena chahta

Answers (4)

305 votes

This story is not correct rather say not believable. Why a wife want divorce after getting married. Complete facts of the case are required to give any legal opinion. However one thing is clear that in such circumstances divorce can be refused and no rape case is maintainable. The pressure from police cannot be there. In case you are under pressure, please contact your advocate personally and explain complete facts and evidences.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

304 votes

As you told that your wife is leaving separately, therefore you should file restitution of conjugal right. Don't go for mutual divorce petition, and let everything clear before the judge. Now in Chandigarh court Judge is Aradhya Sahney, she is very good judge and gives proper counselling to the party.
And rest of case rafting rape, so it can't not be filed against you. No women can file rape case against her husband.
For more discussion you may meet us.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
278 votes

Yes, as you and your wife are contesting a mutual consent divorce u/s 13 b hma, right? and if you don't want to divorce your wife just withdraw your consent in next hearing move an application in court that you don't want divorce..you can also file case of restitution of conjugal rights u/s 9 of Hindu marriage act....good luck

306 votes

Please do not care people who have no respect for you. You are running after a girl who has no respect and love for you. Just divorce her and go on with new partner of family and your choice.

Regarding validity of marriage, that can be challenged only within one year and your wife has no right to proceed regarding invalidity of marriage.

You have file mutual divorce petition in which both are required to file affidavit and statement. Just obtain certified copy of the statement and affidavit filed by your wife and proceed for criminal case against her.

But try to consider my first suggestion of separation and new marriage as it looks from your question that girl is very powerful and having links with police authorities.

Rest is your decision. I am always there to help you, is you are in or around Chandigarh.


Adv Malhotra

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles