Husband files for divorce on the basis of false allegations on wife

My husband took me to his hotel in different city. Called my parents and said they have handed me to them. They will tell in 10 days. As my husband is unwell. I cried and tried to stop him. My husband left n ran. His number was out of reach. My father in law showed a local newspaper stating he has no relation with his son n daughter in law. I was in shock. I came back to my father's house. In 10 days we got a notice. Section 13 against me. Can you tell what should i do. I know this notice states my husband wont continue this relation. Bt he has put allegations on me. What should i do.

Answers (5)

150 votes

Since ur husband has filed petition under 13 of hindu marriage act, it is clear that he does not want to continue with this marriage, but he cannot give u divorce till the time u don’t wish him to do so, first of all u need to file ur objections/ written statement in reply to his divorce petition, secondly u must file a petition under sec 5 of domestic violence act against ur husband seeking compensation from him for all the cruelty he has done with u. U can also file a FIR under sec 498 IPC in concerned police station where u reside

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

280 votes

This act is punishable and you should report the same to police and file a counter case against him.bif you want to live with him file a s. 14 hma if not then you can file a Domestic violence case against him

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
190 votes

You should file a detailed reply and also seek copies of entire documents. You should also file a case of cheating and fraud against the husband and the father in law. for proper guidance i would need more details and clarifications, please contact.

202 votes

You shall contest the said petition under section 13 of which you have received the notice. If you do not wish to divorce your husband, you may file a written statement to the said petition stating all facts and incidents from your side and challenging those allegations put by your husband against you. You may also apply for maintenance from you husband and there are many other options available to you against your husband and your in-laws.

333 votes

Hello Querist

You should defend your case by filing your reply in the said case and contest the same.
And if you want to stay with your husband then you can file a petition for conjugal rights.
Ashish Negi

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles