Husband file for divorce but wife deny divorce & want to stay together

01-Apr-2023 (In Divorce Law)
My husband filed for divorce and I don’t want to give him divorce I want to stay with him and want to get back to matrimonial house.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
507 votes
If you dont want to get divorce then it will be a contested case and he has to prove why he needs a divorce from you and with all proof as alleged in his application .You can file restitution of conjugal rights to rejoin your husband . Call us through the website for further assistance.
Answer #2
635 votes
You can refuse to concede to the divorce request by filing your counter in the court and also by reiterating the same during reconciliation and mediation proceedings.
With reference to you getting back to matrimonial house, you should file a petition under Section 19 of Domestic violence act wherein courts will grant you permission to get back to matrimonial home and no person can dispossess you of the same till court order is in place. Unfortunately, the aforementioned protection is not available in divorce proceedings under matrimonial (divorce law) and hence you will need to file a Domestic violence case to get the aforementioned protection
Answer #3
596 votes
It is better to go matrimonial home as early as possible. Since how long you have been away from your husband. You don't want some one permission to go your home. What made him to ask for divorce. Divorce is not the solution for all problems. If need any further counselling call me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."