×

quesHusband beats me and have a relationship. What to do?

I got married in 2014. At time of marriage my father has given money and gold, but after few days of marriage my in-laws started asking me for more money. They forced me to bring money from my parents and when when i refuse to do so they beat me and threaten to kill me and lately i come know that my husband has a relationship too and when i ask him to leave that women he beats me, verbally abuse me and threatens to kill me and recently he beat me brutally and and threw out from his house so i came to my parents house after that he never ever calls me and said he doesn't want to live with me. I want to file case against my in laws and husband. What can i do?

• ansFile a complaint under section 498A before the local police station against your husband / in laws and if police do not register or help then file complaint in court under section 200 Cr.pc.

Also file complaint under Domestic violence act and seek protection order

Also seek right to stay in matrimonial home or alternative accommodation and apply to seek maintenance and compensation.

Alongwith, you can also you can file for divorce on the grounds of cruelty, which include mental and physical cruelty.