How to take divorce from girl within 1 year of marriage

My brother got married 2017 May . After getting married he went to work in US as a seamen. He is not happy with the girl as she is a constant torture for him and having unnecessary fights constantly . He has not lived together with her after marriage . Now he wants to separate and the girl is harassing him with phone calls and messages . Can he apply for divorce and how do I stop this girl from sending any messages or phone calls harassing him through legal procedure.

Answers (3)

Dear Query, Under no matrimony laws the divorce can be granted within 1 year of marriage. As your brother had married in May 2017, 1 year will soon complete. It is advisable to sit and resolve differences with help of elderly members of both families. If still things dont work out, you can settle terms and go for mutual consent divorce. Same would take 6-7 months for entire proceedings.
If any further queries please feel free to contact us.
Rakesh V. Misar

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Mental cruelty is the ground of divorce. If his wife constantly torture him then he make complaint in police station and file divorce case into family court. But keep in mind that there are lot of woman's protection laws available and she will misuses them.she also try to invole your whole family into legal cases of 498A,domestic violence, maintenance. You have to prepare for all legal tragedies. So kindly request to court for judicial separation and safety. Records all threats and keep all massages of her and submit into court as an evidence.and humbly request for divorce. Your family unity will won the case.good luck

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

You are worried about your brothers family life. But I would like to heard from your brother what he feels. You may please ask your brother to write his story in word file since marriage, highlighting incidences of difference between he and his wife. There are so many options are available to get away from her.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My in-laws' interference and personality difference with my husband have resulted in the most difficult time of my life. I have bee…

Read More

Its been 13 years of marriage. My husband threatens me of divorce. He doesn't like me visiting the my parents home and doesn't let my son who …

Read More

Hi, My Name is Swati. I am married and it was a love marriage but unfortunately it doesn't stay long.We leaving together under one roof but from p…

Read More

I got married to a girl 1 year ago on 6th feb 2013 and my family forced me to marry her. I love another girl who is not married. My wife kno…

Read More