How to take divorce from girl within 1 year of marriage

My brother got married 2017 May . After getting married he went to work in US as a seamen. He is not happy with the girl as she is a constant torture for him and having unnecessary fights constantly . He has not lived together with her after marriage . Now he wants to separate and the girl is harassing him with phone calls and messages . Can he apply for divorce and how do I stop this girl from sending any messages or phone calls harassing him through legal procedure.

Dear Query, Under no matrimony laws the divorce can be granted within 1 year of marriage. As your brother had married in May 2017, 1 year will soon complete. It is advisable to sit and resolve differences with help of elderly members of both families. If still things dont work out, you can settle terms and go for mutual consent divorce. Same would take 6-7 months for entire proceedings.
If any further queries please feel free to contact us.
Regards,
Rakesh V. Misar

Mental cruelty is the ground of divorce. If his wife constantly torture him then he make complaint in police station and file divorce case into family court. But keep in mind that there are lot of woman's protection laws available and she will misuses them.she also try to invole your whole family into legal cases of 498A,domestic violence, maintenance. You have to prepare for all legal tragedies. So kindly request to court for judicial separation and safety. Records all threats and keep all massages of her and submit into court as an evidence.and humbly request for divorce. Your family unity will won the case.good luck

You are worried about your brothers family life. But I would like to heard from your brother what he feels. You may please ask your brother to write his story in word file since marriage, highlighting incidences of difference between he and his wife. There are so many options are available to get away from her.