How to reduce the maintenance cost. Please guide with the procedure

Dear sir, Please suggest me how can i reduce the maintenance cost from Rs. 7000 per month to Rs.3000 to 4000 per month. if you have any reference advocate for fight my case so please give me his contact details. i am waiting for positive reply.

Answers (5)

for getting maintenance amount reduced, you will have to approach higher court against the order of maintenance. quantum of maintenance depends on you income. if you are able to satisfy the court about your income, court will consider the same as per law

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

We can advocate your case.Please tell me which court has fix this maintaince amount ? Before when? What is your age ? What is your earning? Have you marriage then or not ? What is your present earning? And age ? What about your parents ? What is your present liabilities ? Please come and see

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

The order of the family court granting maintenance has to be be challenged before the high court.

The high court may consider the case and thereafter reduce the maintenance granted to the wife.
Thank you

You can file application before Hon'ble High Court for reduction in the maintenance amount.
Second thing you did not disclose where are you from so it is not to possible to suggest the name of lawyers.


Firstly whr u stay so that can suggest u a lawyer. And it can be reduced as u can show that now u r not working or ur something in family problems so u cannot give her or just talk to judge once in a court he will help u...

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I am mother in law trying to separate me and my husband.she said me many bad words.and always try to create issues between me and my husband.…

Read More

my younger bro marriage held last 6 month before. After that me and my whole family mom dad even my younger suffered her (younger bro wife) behave her…

Read More

Is a wife, who is a lawyer, entitled to get the maintenance from her husband in case of a divorce as per the Hindu marriage law?…

Read More

Wife was working at the time of divorce granted by family court. But later got dismissed from the service by the fraud committed by her. She did not r…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue