How to get maintenance and divorce from my abusive husband

 My husband is in australia (student visa) i git married on 18th oct 2016(court marriage) and he left to melbourne . He returned in june 2017 And acc. To hindu tradition i got married on 1st july. 30th july he went back. He returned on 27th jan and went back on 10th march. I am unhappy in this marriage. I am being controlled. He and my in laws demands things to get from my parents house such as old oranments etc etc. I am being mentally abused. My husband keeps on threatning me 2 get seperated every now and then. Every 4th day he fights 4 no reason. I am fed up pls suggest me something Monetary help is zero from thr side.

Answers (5)

231 votes

I have gone through the facts given by you. In this matter, first of all, you should ask for the maintenance through Court by filing a Complaint. As you are being mentally abused, you may further file a case for cruelty. It may be further noted that cruelty is a ground for filing petition for divorce.
For further assistance, you may contact me.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

109 votes

Dear Mam,
Allow me to first of all state that I am deeply sad to know your situation. To begin with, I would suggest you to try and collect certain evidences that establish the sitations that you have explained in detail. For instance, on every demand of an ornament or any other acccessory, try to keep a video or audio evience of the same. Once you think you have assembled sufficient evidences, please leave the premises of your in-laws and file a police complaint against your husband as well as your inlaws. We can then proceed with filing a divorce case in this regard
Mam, please try to understand that the situation you are in, you can have ample options of legal help. Having said that, it would rather be a desiable solution to settle differences between you and your husband and shift with him in Australia.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
254 votes

U just ask him to come back and live with you. For that u have to sue him under sec-9; of Hindu marriage act., To come back and live with u.

U can also. Complain to Australia embassy in order to disturb him so that he won't get further visa to stay in australia. if you make this ground then u can put petition for divorce. Once u sue him for divorce then u can sue for maintenance also.

62 votes

Mam you need to file domestic violence Acer along with maintenance case against your husband and have to indulge your in laws also in this to make pressure on your husband and get your rights and you also get monetary help also.

269 votes

You can taje all the legal help you have like yoou can file case under domestic violence act, you can file a case for maintenance under 125 crpc so that you will start getting monthly from him, so you can file complaint in CAW cell

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles