How to file for a divorce if my husband is cheating on me

Im facing a severe mental harassment from my husband. He has extra marital affairs. In our 1 yr of marriage i caught him 5 times. Want divorce.

Answers (5)

168 votes

You can file divorce petition on the ground of cruelty and adultery. In your divorce petition you can claim maintenance, compensation also. You can pull your husbands girl friend in court matter also.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

166 votes

If you caught your husband in red handed then you may filed Divorce on that ground.
If your husband cheated you and still continue his extra marrital affairs then you have right to take legal action against him.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
288 votes

If your husband is harassing you than you can file a DV suit against your husband and get him be punished for that and even you can file so divorce petition parallely against your husband and get divorce from your husband.

197 votes

Dear Querist, In most of the matrimonial cases especially Divorce, things can be sorted out by talks and counselling by senior members of family. If after all such efforts still there are no positive results. Then try to file a mutual consent divorce with your husband, that will save precious time and money of both of you. In mutual divorce case, a separation of 1 year is required .after filing a period of 6 months before the divorce decree be granted by the Court.

Please feel free to call us for any further queries.

Rakesh V. Misar

123 votes

First of all you have to share complete story with lawyer, then there are several options available for women for any harassment, torture or domestic violence. You don't go for direct divorce first file other cases like domestic violence, stay away from him for a while. Since you are newly married, let him give a chance to correct his mistake. If he get away from his extra marital affair its well otherwise you can proceed. You don't ask him divorce, don't let him go so easily and marry with another women.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles