How is child custody after divorce worked out

Need help regarding child custody and we are not separate yet

You can file petition for the custody of the child Inna family court under the Hindu adoption act

The family court will keep the child's welfare as a paramount consideration and will decide accordingly

You would need to file a case for guardian ship which will run concurrently with the divorce case.
If you divorce case has passed the stage of your evidence then a different procedure shall be adopted.

Child custody comes in picture after dissolution of marriage.your query can be well answered only if we will come to know about complete factual situation. Whether you are mother or father: what is the age of the child; religion of both the parents. Please note that hindus , muslims, Christians are governed by their respective personal laws.

legal and physical custody of child to divorcing couple u/s 26 of hindu marriage act 1955. the court consider the best interest of the child. for example if the mother awarded the custody of child will live with mother . the court may grant father and his relatives visitation right.