How is child custody after divorce worked out

Need help regarding child custody and we are not separate yet

Answers (4)

220 votes

You can file petition for the custody of the child Inna family court under the Hindu adoption act

The family court will keep the child's welfare as a paramount consideration and will decide accordingly

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

55 votes

You would need to file a case for guardian ship which will run concurrently with the divorce case.
If you divorce case has passed the stage of your evidence then a different procedure shall be adopted.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
156 votes

Child custody comes in picture after dissolution of marriage.your query can be well answered only if we will come to know about complete factual situation. Whether you are mother or father: what is the age of the child; religion of both the parents. Please note that hindus , muslims, Christians are governed by their respective personal laws.

142 votes

legal and physical custody of child to divorcing couple u/s 26 of hindu marriage act 1955. the court consider the best interest of the child. for example if the mother awarded the custody of child will live with mother . the court may grant father and his relatives visitation right.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles