Divorce Judgement Once Given Exparty

I filed divorce case against my wife as she left the house after sending a notice for her to joine me and got divorce exparty. I am from Telangana. My wife in between filed transfer of case to her native place and got it transfered. The case transfered to AP after I got exparty divorce. The recent judgement at her native court is as follows. Notice to petitioner returned as unclaimed. Hence, there is deemed service. Petitioner called absent. Hence, petition is dismissed for default. Nature of Disposal DISMISSED FOR DEFAULT In this petitioner is my wife. I want to know in whose favor the judgement came and what I should do now.

Answers (3)

78 votes

here judgement was passed against you. as per ur query u filed the case in telengana and the same was transferref to Ap. according to ur version in the case it was u the petitioner and not your wife. so the case was dismissed for default. the case was reopened and tranferred to Ap.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

93 votes

The facts you have mentioned are self contradictory and so I am not able to advice certainly.

From bare reading of your query, my understanding is that you have filed a case for divorce and it got dismissed for default since you failed to claim summons and appear before the court. You need not worry for this, you can file set aside petition to reopen and contest the case.

For further clarification please feel free to reach us.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
116 votes

in your case you are not understand the order of the court, if you filed the divorce case then you will be the petitioner and your wife will be respondent , but you are saying that the petition is dismissed for default, how is it possible, let you come to meet me in person or discuss over the phone I will explain you what the remedy you have.
**consultation charges applicable

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles