Divorce from my husban who is not living in India

I’m living seperately from my husband from last 1 1/2 years now. He lives in other country. Can i get divorce without him coming to India? If i’m living seperate from my husband for more years than it will be considered as divorce? And how many years ?

Answers (3)

233 votes

Dear Madam,
Under Hindu marriage Act says that if there are desertion for 2 ys. without having consummation , or living separately without any reasonable cause or without consent of spouse or against the wish or willful neglect, may be considered as one of the legal ground for divorce.
No, you can not do so without his presence, or this may be possible otherwise , or if he does not attend on dates.
You may discuss for your issue through my consultancy for legal advices and filing drafting your case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

294 votes

hello sonam
as you saying that you got married 1.5 years ago and your husband is living out of india.you want divorce from ur husband and do not wish tht he should come to india you want without his coming to india you want divorce .yes it can be possible but for tht u have to obtain procedure clear then only you can het it done.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
77 votes

you cannot get a divorce from your husband without informing him. when you file for divorce, summons to appear will be sent to him. if he appears, then normal procedure will be followed. if he doesnt appear, then an ex-parte decree for divorce will be granted.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles