Divorce from husband who gives mental torture since past 4 years

Ours is arranged marriage.Hindu girl Married for 4 years without a child. He was jobless within a six months of marriage. No savings but a loan of 5 lakhs. He remained jobless for one year, I supported him financially. Had a medical condition and I paid for his surgery.He got a small job after one year. Stayed away from me for six months in Kanpur . Then for the next one year he came to see me every 2 months. During the period was threatening me to get property from my parents. Tried to strangle me twice. Repeatedly asking me to get out of his life. I need divorce from this person. Now he is unwilling to give. But I am determined to get divorced from him. Kindly advise on what grounds I can take divorce.

From the statement made by you, you have a good case on hand and all you have to do is contact a lawyer and file Divorce Petition before the concerned family court. You can file divorce on the ground of cruelty.

The marriage can be legally dissolved on the grounds of cruelty.

Petition to be filed before competent forum.

The divorce ground is sec 13 of HMA. The cruelty. Even though he is not giving if proper ground then divorce case can be filed. The District court has the jurisdiction to divorce. Even sub court has the same.

Hi madam/sir.
You can file divorce for crulty
Finally you decide you want divorce mean please contact one advocate file divorce petition

You can file divorce under a specific ground as impotency if u suspect there are some issues in cohabiting,
Cruelty is another ground for divorce , however that must be proved beyond doubt
Send a Presuit notice consulting a lawyer , await for reply , subsequently file a divorce petition before appropriate jurisdiction

Let me know if any help required
Shankar