Divorce from husband who gives mental torture since past 4 years

Ours is arranged marriage.Hindu girl Married for 4 years without a child. He was jobless within a six months of marriage. No savings but a loan of 5 lakhs. He remained jobless for one year, I supported him financially. Had a medical condition and I paid for his surgery.He got a small job after one year. Stayed away from me for six months in Kanpur . Then for the next one year he came to see me every 2 months. During the period was threatening me to get property from my parents. Tried to strangle me twice. Repeatedly asking me to get out of his life. I need divorce from this person. Now he is unwilling to give. But I am determined to get divorced from him. Kindly advise on what grounds I can take divorce.

Answers (5)

224 votes

You can file divorce under a specific ground as impotency if u suspect there are some issues in cohabiting,
Cruelty is another ground for divorce , however that must be proved beyond doubt
Send a Presuit notice consulting a lawyer , await for reply , subsequently file a divorce petition before appropriate jurisdiction

Let me know if any help required

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

226 votes

Hi madam/sir.
You can file divorce for crulty
Finally you decide you want divorce mean please contact one advocate file divorce petition

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
66 votes

The divorce ground is sec 13 of HMA. The cruelty. Even though he is not giving if proper ground then divorce case can be filed. The District court has the jurisdiction to divorce. Even sub court has the same.

199 votes

The marriage can be legally dissolved on the grounds of cruelty.

Petition to be filed before competent forum.

308 votes

From the statement made by you, you have a good case on hand and all you have to do is contact a lawyer and file Divorce Petition before the concerned family court. You can file divorce on the ground of cruelty.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles