Divorce case being transferred to different courts by husband

03-May-2023 (In Divorce Law)
HI I got married in 2013 my husband living in dubai and he made divorce case in trichy court where we made transfer petition to madras high court and it got numbered. where as he knows that the transfer has made to chennai and again i have a got private notice from madurai court. can any one please confirm what should i do further as he is trashing me here and there.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
716 votes
The transfer petition for the case can be filed only one place. It attracts redjudicata stage. The private notice can be challenging at any stage. The reply shall be filed under relevant provisions. No.

Answer #2
574 votes
Hello Madam,
Law Actually gives preference to Woman than man as far as location of the proceedings are concerned. You can very well file a transfer petition to transfer the case to your home town stating the difficulty on your part to go to out station courts. Court will definitely order in your favour.
Answer #3
826 votes
As per the various courts if the Supreme Court as well the high court of madras and madurai bench, it is well settled that primary convenience of the women/Wife is to be considered. Since already you have stated that transfer is already pending before the high court of madras, you need not worry about it. However it is important that you need to attend the Madurai court summons duly and inform the court regarding the pendency if TrCMP before the Principal bench at madras.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."