×

Clarification on grounds for getting mutual divorce on urgent basis

My friend is Christian. He got married in 2014. Last two years he is living separately. His wife asked him and wrote in a bond paper that his body is not fit for sexual life. And then she applied for mutual divorce on Feb 1st 2018. In this situation how can He move and get quick divorce

We can't understand the head and tail of your query. However it is between the couple to opt for divorce as per the law available to them under the Indian Marriage Act. Therefore it is not an issue at all whether they are applying mutual consent or otherwise.

Mutual divorce involves filing of a petition by the parties. Your question is not clear, when they filed mutual divorce, then what your friend has to do is to appear before the court and accept that whatever stated in the affidavit is true. Then, the order shall be pronounced. If you still have doubts, call me.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Hello sir ur friend having chance to get mutual divorce quickly by filing portion to dispose the case earlier and we can file petition and get order quickly as u required and if u have any doubt it can be cleared

Recently the apex court held that the cooling period of 6 months is not necessary., whereas the usual period is 6 months.after numbering the mutual consent petition,you can file i.a.petition after a week time, to waive up the waiting period stating that it will not serve any purpose.the apex court left the discretion to the concerned court.it also laid down some principles such as if there is any criminal case pending.how long couple disunited.what are the steps taken for reunion.weather any other litigations pending weather they sort out all their disputes like permanent alimony,if there is any kid and what is his future remedied.explaining all the same,you file interim application and if the trial court judge is satisfied, he can grant divorce.

You can file an application before the concerned family court seeking to waive of the 6 months period by stating the above facts. If the judge is convinced he will allow the application and you can get divorce on the very same day