Clarification on grounds for file divorce in Christians

My mother in law has taken my wife along with her and is threatening me that she is going to file a divorce case against me.My wife is not allowed to talk to me.So how can they proceed for divorce.Should they go to church to get the annulment certificate?Even after getting that certificate how can they proceed for the divorce legally?If they have filed the divorce case,would i get a notification as soon as the divorce has been filed?after how much time will i get the information that a divorce case has been filed by my wife?

Answers (5)

ur divorce case file only in district court only... mutual or u only filling a case ? i need a details from u ....................................................................................................................

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

It is not so easy for your wife to get divorce without any basis. In the event of filing petition to seek divorce against you, you will get summons from the court. This is not an issue at all. Unless until summon is served to you, the court will not proceed with the matter.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience

Why not you go for restitution of conjugal rights to retain your matrimonial life through court of law. take steps to it and court will provide counselling for the reunion amicably by solving all the disputes between you and your wife.

Divorce can be filed only in court. Court will send you summons and try various options to ensure you receive the summons. As an alternate measure, you can file restitution of conjugal rights in the court to live with your wife.

The parties married according to christian rites and customs, if intend to dissolve the marriage, has to file a petition for dissolution before the family or district court which is competent to adjudicate the matter. The other side will receive summons from the court and without which the matter will not be heard.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I got married at the age of 16 by false saying for my husband that he is a doctor but he is a Gardner and only 8th pass .after 12 years of marriage no…

Read More

My wife don't wish to stay with my family and she wants me to be away from them. So on this ground, if I wish to file a divorce would I be liable …

Read More

Hi my Bst fiend have in big trouble please let me what we do for her she get second marriage because she is not happy in first marriage and her husban…

Read More

hi, I need some advice. We have given a complaint against my sister's inlaws and husband, regarding domestic violence. They have attended first co…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue