Can maintenance be dropped if wife threats of false case on husband

Hi, what are the options for divorce for a male whose wife is indulged in extra martial affairs and has not even lived with him for a month. Now when she was caught red-handed, she put all allegations of 489a, DV, Dowry Act and many others. How can he dispose Maintenance claims from the wife. This will be a contested divorce. Thanks

Answers (4)

198 votes

U can file a divorce case u/s 13 hma 1955 on the basis of bad character of wife and produce evidence in a court of bad character if the court is satisfy for your evidence court passes a judgement and decree of divorce. That decree is provide a relief in any other cases like 498 a, 12 dv act and 125 crpc.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

78 votes

Having an extra marital affair, can be s ground for divorce only if it proved beyond any doubt but living apart for a month is not af all any ground..Once her bad character is established in the eyes of the court, maintenance definitely can be stopped..Regards team LAWYER MITRA

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
105 votes

It’s true Indian marriage Acts are little biased towards men ,but its also true if properly contested you will get justice,in matrimonial cases you had to have all details and then we could discuss about possible legal solution .

53 votes

Hire a good lawyer, try to collect and preserve as many evidences as possible about the extra marital affair of wife. Make it ground of your divorce along with false harassment caused and maintenance will be dropped on account of that.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles