Can illegitimately acquired information submitted in courts

Sir/mam my spouse had opened my Facebook and acquired a bit of information of which I used some abusive language about my inlaws and their heirs can they have right to submit my private information which they acquired illegitimately be subimted before judiciary 2)on the same can I file a complaint before cyber PS?if filed will it be help in defending me though there is a bit offensive language in it. Waiting for your needy reply

Answers (1)

169 votes

Sir in a criminal investigation, anything that you say, can and most likely will be used against you. Courts these days consider information on Facebook as no more private, since Facebook is a platform of social media. I, however, have seen Courts rejecting arguments base on Facebook posts but in general, yes they can be used against you . You however, can definitely file a complaint in a Cyber PS but it comes down to how will you prove that your wife opened/hacked in your account? Good Luck

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles