Can I marry the buy I love if I am already married

May i marry with my boyfriend but m married and i did not make any with my husband becoz i married on choice of parents but i am not happy and want to get marry with my love

Answers (5)

347 votes

Hiiii dear Client,you can of course marry to whom you wish to, but for that u need to get divorce from your husband , if he is not ready to give divorce, then you can't do anything as you don't have any ground to get divorce from him. Still you can contact us we can make a way out

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

86 votes

Yes you can Marry with the guy but before that you have apply for judicial separation , take judicial separation certificate from the courts

After that you are free to marry with any boy of your choice

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
229 votes

No. You cannot marry with another person subsisting one marriage i.e. when one marriage is in force. It may attract the penal provisions under the Indian Penal Code 1860. If you are not happy with your spouse then you may take the recourse of personal Law of the religion you belonged to.

220 votes

You cannot marry your boyfriend unless and until you get divorced from your husband (irrespective of your physical contact with your husband).
if you need any assistance in your married life by way of counselling for yourself and your husband or if you still wish to proceed with Divorce with your husband, you may contact our firm, having over 40 years of experience.

209 votes

First you give divorce to your present husband by mutual consent and then marry with another person who you want to marry. If you in current position then you be attached to any criminal matter under law

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles