Can I get a divorce if me and my wife are living separately

28-Apr-2023 (In Divorce Law)
I am Roman Catholic, married in mandir, in 2000, have son. She had extra Martial affair when I was working outstation with my friend. We are staying separately for 7 yrs from 2011 till date. What are the chances of getting divorce.
Answers (5)

Answer #1
875 votes
Yes you can, You can file divorce on the basis of desertion. Contact local lawyer for more details and yes if she is ready for divorce you can prefer divorce by mutual consent as it will be more convenient.
Answer #2
707 votes
If you are Roman Catholic and married as per Hindu rites and customs , your conversion from Christian to Hindu is important. The pandit will give you conversion certificate on his letter head and he is witness of your Marriage performed under Hindu rituals. Then you can file either mutual consent petition or one side petition.
Answer #3
546 votes
Since you are staying separate from last 7 years, you will have to file divorce in the court. If your wife is ready for Mutual consent its ok, otherwise you can file under special act also. It will not take more time to decide your case.
Answer #4
686 votes
Dear Client,
You may seek divorce from her on the grounds/reasons mentioned by you but you have to have proper and concrete evidence of reasons.

You may contact me with all information and evidences for further guidance and advise.
Answer #5
612 votes
If you and your wife staying seperately from last seven yrs then you both are eligible to take Divorce either mutually if she also ready for it. Or you may alone ask for Divorce from family court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."