quescan husband demand maintenance

I am a govt. servant and want to take divorce from my husband as he is not loyal for our wedding. Is there any law that husband can take maintenance from his wife. Because he is running his father's business. I am in fear that whether he can take maintenance from me if I start the divorce procedure first ?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansIf your husband is not working and is unable to maintain himself and the wife is working and any legal case is pending under Hindu marriage act then husband can claim maintenance from his wife under section 24 of HMA if you think to file divorce against your husband then it will be better to file MCD with his consent. draft a MOU and file the samewith MCD petition.

    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    sir, i got married with my husband 0n dated 06 june 2015 and after 2…

    my sister got married 2 months back. she was diagnosed with Cancer. now her in…

    My divorce has been signed in the court on 16/08/2016. I am yet to receive…
    I wanted divorce from my husband as he has not being fulfilling any of his…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    View all >>