Can divorce be claimed due to absence of spouse during proceedings

My spouse had filed for divorce and return of gold ornaments.She filed for divorce in Kuwait also.The divorce was attained in Kuwait Court. Since she did not appear in Kerala Court,the cases were dismissed.She then reinstated the case after paying penalty.The cases were again dismissed due her non-appearance.This is has been repeated 2 times again.How can I permanently close the cases without her appearance.I was and still am ready to give the ornaments back.

Answers (4)

You file a divorce case You produce the divorce order from Kuwait also. Don't say any thing about the gold. If she is not appearing divorce will be confirmed. Even with out this also there is no illegality you remarrying as she has already attained a duvorce from abroad

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If you are ready to give the ornaments why dont you move for out of court settlement.It can be solved after exchange the things each other. Both the parties can be filed the joint petition.So unnecessary allegation canbe avoided.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Decree passed from Kuwait is not sustainable in India. Foreign court decree of divorce or dissolution of marriage can be valid in India provided such decree is according to the provision of law in India as provided under section 13 of the Civil Procedure Code and Principle of law as laid down by the Indian courts. A foreign court divorce decree may be valid in India ONLY if the spouse had lived in that country and had consented to that country's jurisdiction.

After the second dismissal the case was closed on default. Not to give ornaments , if both of you want divorce then file mutual divorce....

Dear Client,
You can settle this case very easily with the help of an advocate and obtain divorce from a court of our country, provided everything go smoothly. An Advocate practising in the family court can easily help you.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

How much is minimum time taken for marriage annulment in Karnataka and Maharashtra once it is petitioned?…

Read More

My husband filed a divorce case and produced evidence. A mail which was sent by me long back saying that "inlaws are money minded and mother is a…

Read More

Dis is wd ref to exparte divorce of my frnd & i want to knw how long does it takes as he started this case in june 2016 n now dey hv got exparte a…

Read More

Can a mutual divorce be filed with in 6 months of married life. How long to get divorce?…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue