Are recordings and screenshots of messages admissible in court

sir, please help in the regard, that i have done love marriage with family consents, and i am married for 5 years, from last 4 month i have seen changes in behavior of my wife, she has started keeping her mobile out of my reach, when i suspected , she falsely cried and told i am doing nothing such things, but i secretly installed an app for spying, i have the screenshot of conversations with that person with whom she is having this affair,also the screenshot of video calls in which both are in comprising position. also i have the call recordings and in those recording the man intention is to kill me, i have a one year boy,and that man is a cousin of my wife from her maternal uncle side. the girl was in far relation of mine,we both are hindu of same caste. i am very much depressed with this, pls guide me how to proceed for this.i suspect that might she can kill my son also.will this recordings and screenshot of whatsapp will be a solid proof for me.

Answers (5)

262 votes

Don't be panic and depressed. With coll mind contact a good lawyer apprise him about all facts,documents(including phone conversation and vedio footage and recordings) and ask him to file divorce petition

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

99 votes

Both r admissble in court.but u should have both partier mb no.of recording.if in recording a conversation denotes about u kill urself bye wife and her lover than u should early file a information in cjm court or in ur nearest p.s.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
181 votes

Yea sure the recordings are admissible as evidence, and if you are sure to move forward towards litigation then the first step would be to give a Sanha (information) regarding the issue to the concerned police station.

174 votes

You have option to file divorce case against your wife , on the basis of these proofs. These are admissible in law. You can file divorce in your district family court and the court will consider all the aspects.

298 votes

Question of admissibility of evidence will arise after framing of issues in the case. Therefore first of all you should file a case in the family court of competent jurisdiction against your wife . For the threatening given by your wife you may file an informatory petition before the learned chief judicial Magistrate.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles