2 years of marriage, husband in army. How can i file for maintenance?

2 years of marriage , husband is major in army , mentally and physically tortured me alot , i urgently need monetary support for pursuing my studies as i m just 25 years old with absolutely no source of income .At present , living with my parents . please tell me the procedure for filing divorce also .

Answers (3)

273 votes

You have a number of options to begin with which will provide you relief in the interim. For example you may file petitions under the Domestic Violence act as well as under section 125 of the Criminal procedure code for monetary support

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

170 votes

The first thing you need to do is approach the Crimes Against Women Cell in your area to register a FIR and file for a protection order with the Domestic Violence Court at the same time. The Domestic Violence Court will not only prohibit your husband from interacting with you but will also make your husband pay a rental allowance to you for alternate accommodation.

hereafter, you should file applications for maintenance under Section 125 CrPC claiming maintenance. Only after obtaining the above reliefs should you file for divorce. Also move an application under Section 24 of the Hindu Marriage Act for interim maintenance pending the divorce proceedings.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
228 votes

Dear Madam,

You can surely file for maintenance as well as domestic violence. Considering that you have no source of income your case is fit for maintenance.

As far as divorce is concerned you can file for a divorce on basis of cruelty. Once you file all this cases your husband will himself give divorce and then you can get the divorce on your own terms and conditions.

Please feel free to contact for further advice.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles