Applying for visa when a FIR is registered in the applicant's name

I have plead guilty for harassing my best friend on facebook who is my school classmate and she registered a case against me.I have been asked by the inspector to write a letter stating my regret and promising that i would never attempt to harras her via any social network prior the leaving with my parents. I wasn't even imprisoned yet and i left the police station.Would it actually serve as a problem to apply for any time of visa in the future since i have a FIR casw registered on my name?

Answers (1)

135 votes

Once FIR filed against you, your case is for further proceedings of the Court.
You have to prove your innocence in this Case. Writing letter to inspector for never harrasing is an evidence against you. So, it is the evidence by you on your own hand writing. You are not mentioned the details posted by you on fb. You are not mentioned the cases filed against you. You better to convence her Father and clear this case , otherwise it will effect on your visa, career and future.
Have a nice day.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles