Someone took money from father and committed fraud

For 2 to 3 years a certain person takes money from my father around 10 to 20 thousand monthly ...under the promise that we will recieve 100s of crores from some project..he says its all govt oriented .I suspect ed fraud from the first day now this person has acquired around 7 lakh from my father . My father still has 100 percent belief ..but I want to do a police complaint. .so looking for legal advice on how to approach police as there are chances of my father getting trapped in this..can anyone please help on this

Answers (5)

222 votes

first u hve to file a case u/s. 107 cr.p.c. therafter u hve 2 file a criminal case u/s. 420 i.p.c.

and lastly u have 2 file a civil case for recovery of money but for recovery u have to bring the receipt which u had receive from that person

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

309 votes

If your father has any contract with that individual, see the same and find out the clause of refund of the same. If there is no such contract, see the money receipts. Take all such documents to the police and write a detailed complaint providing the details of the payments and assurances he has given. Also disclose his clear criminal intenet and disclose the reasons of your belief that the individual would cheat your father in future. All the best. Regards

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
108 votes

In my opinion if you have sufficient prof in this regard then you can lodge a complaint before the local police station for cheating and fraud. And without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

147 votes

Your father is legally entitled to file complain before the police station by ventilating his grievances against that persons but you can do anything against them with out the consent of your father and /or with out the authorisations

165 votes

Sir, perused your query in details. If you have sufficient proof that he has taken money, you can lodge an FIR against that person. However, I would also advise you to file a civil case against that person to recover the money, as there is little chance of recovery in criminal cases. Please get back to me for more details.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles