Protest Petition Or Private Complaint

In Criminal Law
Police filed FIR cancellation report in my case. Now should I file protest petition against the cancelation report OR should I file private complaint u/s 200 and then pursue the case. Please guide.

Answers (4)

266 votes
As per Honourable SUPREME COURT guidelines both are a available. Protest petition is advised in more cases.
Kindly consult me with your case file in my office.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


92 votes
Go for a protest Petition against the same, it is your right to do so, Magistrade usually in most cases issues notice on the same without any demur as a matter of course, no need for separate complaint, I have done many similar cases

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience

118 votes
if you know the name of the accused and have sufficient evidence against him then you can go for section 200 CRPC otherwise you can file protest petition.
you can also go to the high court for investigation through higher investigation agency like crime branch or CBI.

236 votes

There are several ways out of this situation.

You need to have a consultation and discuss the matter on call or in person sharing all the relevant information.

From which state do you belong?
In which state is the matter registered?
What is the current situation of the matter?
Please share the details of the matter.


Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."