opposing s 482 petition quashing FIR

In Criminal Law
After registering FIR police is investigating the complaint. Accused is filing petition u/s 482 CrPC in Delhi High court. My query is whether i can file caveat? or Will I, complainant, will get notice or police has to defend the matter

Answers (4)

194 votes

hello client as i can see your issue is really a serious matter as you said the accused is trying to get skip from the complications of the FIR in this situation we need to stop the quashing of FIR as well as we have to insist on aŕest of the accauawd if not done yet

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

106 votes

best is you file the caveat it will give you notice of any proceeding in case he files the quashing and you can defend your case in best possible manner and then you can put forth your version also before the court of law

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
124 votes

The state and the complainant both gets notice in quashing petitions. Without any merits no case can be quashed. Also the nature of the offence also needs to be considered. For any further legal assistance please feel free to contact


238 votes

Yes u can file a caveat in the court immediately. You must find a top lawyer to draft caveat according to the Hon’ble guidelines. Mention all facts and important documents properly annexed. You dont need to wait for a notice to come, immediately filing a caveat is the remedy u have.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles