Love marriage and domestic violence.

In my case i have always mentioned the harsh domestic violence against me, we had a love marriage in October 2013 in dehradun court & lived in dehradun only. After 1 month of our marriage he get influenced by his mother & started hitting me on the small issues & always abused me in a vulgar way . He always demands money from my dad & my dad transfered alot of money in his account from delhi . On Feb 2014 we got to know that m pregnant as my husband is a pharmacist so he added some of pills in my food because of that i miscarried after 2 months & got my abortion, after 1 day of my abortion he had bitten up me alot & left me alone in dehradun & ran away then he blackmailed to go back to my father in delhi then i came back to Delhi on 4th April after that he had sell all our household things.

On 6th April i took money from my dad & went back to dehradun for a complaint as i was physically also unfit, after the complaint in dehradun police won't gave any help they asked me for a month of a time me & husband as my husband doesn't wants to stay with me. So the police gave us the 1 month of time & sent me back to delhi as i don't have anyone in dehradun i was so helpless then i came back to delhi & filed a complaint in caw cell against my husband as he doesn't appear in any of the dates & know i have demand for fir in written but i'm afraid that if they transfered the case then what will i do? I don't have anyone there in dehradun & don't any place to stay also. I have a threat of my life also. I don't know what to do?

Answers (1)

227 votes
Since your husband did not attend the proceedings before CAW cell in Delhi a FIR should now be registered against him. If police does not register the FIR or take action in consequence thereof then you may file a criminal case against your husband for dowry harassment and physical abuse directly in court. If held guilty, your husband will be sentenced to imprisonment. The case cannot be transferred once you have filed it in Delhi. If he applies for case transfer you will get an opportunity to rebut it. You may also file a case for domestic violence seeking the right to residence and protection from your husband and in-laws. In addition thereto you may also seek maintenance from him. Last but not least you are free to apply for divorce at any time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles