Is it necessary to file a report of domestic violence in the same city

Is it necessary to report about domestic voilance in the same city? I am scares if i report to police, i will be more harrased. Can i go my home town first and than report about it? Please reply...

Hi, it's not mandatory to file a case against domestic violence in your city. You can go back to your home town and file a case there. You have a very strong case and if you are determined to fight against it, you will win. Wish you good luck :)

Technically the complaint should be made where the crime is committed. However, this kind of harassment also includes mental harassment which continues even if you go back to your home town. Thus it can be reported anywhere but the complaint has to be cleverly drafted.

Dear Client,
As you are aggrieved from domestic violence. You have all the opportunity to file/lodge an FIR/Complaint with the local police officer/protection officer or directly to the Magistrate Conserned. So you can lodge an FIR at three places.
a) where you resides;
b) where your in laws resides; or
c) where the offence has taken place.
In case of any other legal assistance please feel free to contact.
Regards,
Tushar Bahadur,
(Advocate).

It's not necessary to report for domestic voilence for same court. You can file that report where u live. Don't be scared and go to first your mother land and than you can report for domestic voilence there.