Filing complaint for record purpose against false case by friend

My friend has threatened me to file a false case against me after a fight between the two. I want to file a complaint only for record purpose. I do not want police to take any action based on it. This is just a future safeguard for obtaining bail if my friend files a case against me. Can I file this complaint online? If Yes, please provide some details.

there are cognizable and non cognizable offences in which action of police is different. You can file a simple complaint based on selective language which can meet your purpose. As if now there is no online complaint except of loss and cyber etc. please check on police website of your state. Any complaint must be writing and submitted to the police station concerned.

This is in reply to the legal query made by you. I would like to tell you that under the prevalent laws it is not possible to register a police complaint without anything substantial. Mere threats of falsely implicating won't be sufficient enough to prove anyone guilty and liable to be punished.

However, kindly share the details of the complaint as apprhended by you which can be made againsy you, to enable me to guide you better for getting bails. Because this is a serious issue and needs to be dealt with at the earliest.

Kindly feel free to call on my number for any further queries.

Regards
Adv. Harshit Vashisht

Sad to hear that you went into a fight with your friend. Coming to your query I would like to tell you its not up to you to decide that if you file a complaint and police will take action or not. if a complaint is filed then police has to take action. And its a wrong thought that if you file a complaint then you will easily get bail. Legally its not adviceable.

surely you can do it. but its better to meet a lawyer and get it done as the lawyer can write up the entire facts along with the legal facts. you can feel free to contact for any guidance through this website.