Absconded person on murder charges since 1975-1976

I know a person,he was robbed a wholesaler in Mumbai or murdered a wholesaler in 1975-76 After done a crime in Mumbai he was ran away to Uttar Pradesh Mumbai police went to his native place in UP were he ran away now at present he was live in his native place in Uttar Pradesh Should i inform to Mumbai police about that person or not Or after informing to Mumbai police, is there any chance were police is harassing me Please please help me Sir/madam

You can inform Commissioner of Police, Mumbai in written letter. Police can't harass you because you are helping to Police authority.You are doing well.But it may be difficult to trace out that crime in Police records.