Wedding Photographer in Delhi not delivering the final product

I live in Bangalore and got married in Delhi, 11 months ago. My wedding photographer is in Delhi. I paid him 38K at the time of booking and 1.28 Lacs one day before the wedding. I didn't like the work he did for such huge amount. He came late for the one of function that half of the ceremony was over. I got the contract at the start and bill for my 38K payment. However, I didn't get bill for 1.28 lacs (as it was one day before the wedding and I was too busy to take care of these details). It is been one year now. He shared me the raw data but not the main album/videos. He is not responding to my calls either. Can I take an action against for charging me this much for the pathetic services and not delivering the final product. Please guide me the process if I want to take action against him.

Answers (3)

330 votes

I have perused the contents of your query and would advise you to issue a strongly worded legal notice through a lawyer seeking refund and compensation, followed by a complaint under the consumer protection act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

166 votes

You should send the legal notice to the photographer. He is bound to give you the service as per the promise if he fails then you can take remedy from the court under the deficiency in service.

Please feel free to reach out to my team of experts under such recovery cases for any query or assistance

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
292 votes

In the present facts and circumstances, it is recommended that you shoot a strongly worded Legal Notice towards this photographer of yours claiming delivery of final product and payment of damages failing which appropriate civil/criminal action be initiated against him. Further and better particulars are needed for an effective opinion.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles