quesRWA asking maintenance amount for power backup. Not even living there

My in laws have a property in Gaziabad under society. The residents have formed RWA. The maintenace claimed by RWA among others include power backup. All cost are on sharing basis including cost of running the generator for power backup. As my inlaws do not live in the property and not using the electricity (infact they are yet to get meter installed), they have refused to share the cost of the power backup. However RWA insist on getting the amount including cost of power backup. Kindly advise who is right, my inlaws or RWA? Also can they take matter to consumer court?

  • ansHi,

    Going by what you have shared herein it is advised that if the meter connection has not been installed then your in-laws are within their right not to share the cost of power. Please also specify if your inlaws have entered into any written agreement with the RWA's..

    Advocate Ankur Aggarwal

      Uday Park, Delhi

  • ansHi, usually for RWA members, even if the house is vacant, the owners are liable to pay maintenance for the house, water and electricity. Therefore, even though your in-laws are not living in the said property, in all likelihood, they will have to pay for the power back-up.

    Advocate Mishika Singh

      Lajpat Nagar 1, Delhi

  • ansin these circumstances first you have to confirm that it this RWA is a registered society or just a body. it this RWA is registered society it is upon you whether you want to be part of it or not. in normal circumstances people voluntarily become part of the society and contribute for various reasons. but if you dont want to become member of the society RWA no one can compel you to become member or contribute anything.

    Advocate Yogesh Kumar Vidyakar

      District Court, Dwarka, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

I purchased moto g phone through online on 17 aug 2014
Phonrpe display crack…

I am 100% sure that BSNL leaked my call details to Rival party and they…

The online dating site, freedomfriendship.com co-ordinates with the users via phone. Unlike traditional dating sites,…

Hello sir/mam, we have here 14/15 houses who build there houses and living in from…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>