Paid amount for tour to Hong Kong money paid but could not travel

Paid Two Lakhs for tour to Hong kong but did not travel becaz of hospital admission Travel company says they will refund only 20 % of paid amount they are saying they paid for my air fare ,Hotels Etc I asked for details they are not giving details of deduction I asked that they shoild give this in writing .They have given in writing that details can not be given Can this matter be filed in consumer court

Answers (2)

335 votes

Yes obviously that one is clear cut case of deficiency of service as in fact no service is provided. You can do one thing, you have to issue legal notice and give fifteen days for repayment and then you can move to consumer court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

147 votes

Dear sir
I mostly dealt with consumer cases I have severally cases which is similarly to your case where hon,ble consumer court has passed an order to refund all the amount alongwith interest as well the litigation fees
I have around more then 500 consumer cases in state consumer commission as well as district consumer commission .

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles