non payment of principal amount of FDR after maturity of interest

I INVESTED Rs, 25000/- VIDE CHEQUE No. 4719744 DATED 04.01.2013 DATED 04.01.2013 DRAWN ON PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK, SECTOR 17 - B, CHANDIGARH DEPOSIT AT REGIONAL OFFICE OF UNITECH LIMITED AT, CHANDIGARH. FDR WAS ISSUED BY REGISTERED OFFICE OF UNITECH LIMITED AT DELHI. UNITECH LIMITED HAS NOT PAID INTEREST FOR LAST THREE QUARTERS AND NOT PAID PRINCIPAL AMOUNT ON MATURITY ON 05.01.2016. I INTEND TO FILE A CASE IN CONSUMER COURT AT CHANDIGARH AND SHALL REQUEST YOU TO ADVISE ME. (1) WHETHER I AM 'CONSUMER' UNDER THE CONSUMER ACT (2) WHETHER MY COMPLAINT IS COVERED UNDER "'CONSUMER DISPUTE" (3) WHETHER I CAN FILE CASE AT CHANDIGARH (4) WHETHER CAUSE OF ACTION HAS ARISEN AT CHANDIGARH (4)

Please see response below:
1. No, you are not a consumer under the Consumer Protection Act.
2. No, yours is not a consumer dispute.
3. Your dispute falls within the jurisdiction of the Company Law Tribunal. You can file the case at Chandigarh if the head office of Unitech is at Chandigarh.
4. You need to see where the head office of Unitech is and then file there. If it's at Chd, then yes we can file it at Chd.

Sir as per the facts you are definitely consumer and case falls under consumer dispute, jurisdiction depends on various factors if the Unitech is having their regd. office in Chandigarh you can file it here even without cause of action, in some cases even if branch/ regional office is there it can be safely filed in Chandigarh. In your case added advantage of cause of action too is there if you can prove that agreement happened at Chandigarh or money was accepted by them at Chandigarh.

Your complaint is maintainable in Chandigarh under section 11 of Consumer Protection Act.
Rest if internet will be paid from the date of maturity of FDR till the date of reliasation. Your complaint can be entertained in Chandigarh.