Legal action against delay in completion of construction of property

I had booked a flat in Sunworld Arista Sector 168 Noida in the year 2013. The BBA indictaes the completion as March 2016. The project is getting delayed uncontrolled with revised date as June 2018 informed telephnically on inquiry. With only 80-100 workers working a day this time line is also unrealistic. What action can be taken under RERA.Please advice.

Answers (2)

314 votes

On the ground of Rera if builder not give possession on time or if he delayed again and again give timeline than the builder should be returned the money with 18% P.A. interest. You have choice to file a complaint against builder in consumer court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

62 votes

Your case clearly showing the matter of deficiency in service and unfair trade practice. You may lodge a complaint under RERA after a submission of prescribed fees, or you may go into the shelter of consumer court against development authority.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles