Drinking water connection not provided by builder wants to file a case

Builder has not yet provided municipal drinking water even after giving possession.with OC and CC. Now municipal authority says they do not have enough water resource to proved the supply. Can i file case against builder and municipality???

Answers (2)

330 votes

Yes it is requisite that builder and corporation has to provide drinking water.I recall recently new building permissions were stalled in Thane for sake of non providing of drinking water by High Court Mumbai .Only after an undertaking by the Corporation was it allowed.You need to tell in which corporation your building lies.U HAVE REMEDY EVEN UNDER CONSUMER LAWS.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

163 votes

to file case you have to find out following things.
1. What builder made submission with respect to the water at the time of applying for Occupancy Certificate.
2. Whether corporation laid down some condition on builder with respect to water at the time of granting Occupancy Certificate.

Need to check all the documents to find out who is wrong. Thereafter we can decide against whom we should file case.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles