Status quo order by court to insert neighbor's gate latches on wall

The munsif court have ordered status quo for inserting my neighbors gates laches on my wall. But isn't status quo applicable if there isnt any other option.At present they are locking with a vertical laches newly attached to gate. I heard that status quo is applicable only if there is no other option.

Answers (3)

Status quo may not be for inserting the latch, but to continue the latch which may already been there. You can place facts before the court through your pleadings and seek appropriate relief.....................

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

A status quo order may be issued by a judge to prevent any of the parties involved in a dispute from taking any action until the matter can be resolved. The Latin term “status quo” refers to the existing state of circumstances. In the legal system, a judge has the authority to issue a status quo order to prevent anyone from taking any action until the matter can be heard and resolved by the court. A status quoorder preserves the existing situation, so that no party’s position can be compromised or prejudiced until the matter has been resolved. To explore this concept, consider the following status quo definition.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Status Quo Order means: Retain the original status and nothing else. In case you need any assistance you may revert to me stating the circumstances that led to the present state of affairs. There is always a solution for the problem.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I am about to go to abroad for a job.I have never gone out of country before. Thus I do not qualified for NRI status so do I have to bring my income b…

Read More

Hi, Can somebody please tell me if all pending cases of Indian High Court are maintained on website or only some of them are liste…

Read More

I am muslim. I am married and I am leaving with my husband. My father's land is being constructed by my brothers. My father has expired in 1997. m…

Read More

Dear Sir, Please clarify what does a case with "disposed" status mean? Whether its hearing has been done or a case without a bench?…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue