How can I get record of final decree copy

I need to collect a final decree copy of property title claim copy in the year of 1960. How and from where shall I collect the said decree copy officially?

Answers (3)

198 votes

First we need to know which court has passed the decree. What steps did you take at that time to take out the decree. Only then the decree can be taken out. Taking out the certified copy of the decree will take not more that 3 weeks. The cost which will be incurred depends on the court. I have an office near High Court and a chamber at Prince Anwar Shah. My name is Debangshu Dinda, i guess you can find my contact details in the site itself or you can always get in touch through linkedin by typing my name. Feel free to give me a call and we will strive to give you the best of relief.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

112 votes

You can collect the certified copy of the final decree from the court by which the decree has been awarded ,after paying specified fees . No matter in which year the decree was awarded. But you must have the correct case no. ,court,and the date of disposal of the case.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
124 votes

Go to the Ld. Court from which such Decree has been passed in the year of 1960 and apply Certified Copy for it. But before applying it please find out where the Case Record is at the present point of time. It may be in the Record Room in the District and at first find out the Record unofficially and then apply for Copy. Remember it that, if you apply the Copy without find out the Record from sources, then it will be uncertain when you collect the same from the Copying Department.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles