How can I claim money from a person who owes it to me

Good evening. I\'m a doctor at a reputed medical college & only recently resigned. My question is regarding an issue that happened on an unofficial tour we went with some staff from the hospital. One of the technicians broke my phone and did not repair it. So i repaired it and told her to pay for the repairs. I gave her a discount of 30% on the total repair work yet she is only ready to pay 50% of the amount and that too over 7 months so she can avoid once I move from here. Do I have any options of claiming my money back?

Answers (3)


In this case, it is better for you to file a police complaint stating that she promised to give you next month itself, for which she is not ready to pay then.



Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

In my considered opinion, the issue is not worth pursuing in a civil action. It is well nigh impossible to prove that she had deliberately damaged it? Moreover, such a drawn out litigation would cost much money and may be, even your reputation.

Perhaps, you may try your luck in the Adalat held by the Legal Services Authority.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Of course, you have a remedy under the civil law to get damages for the loss suffered by you at the hands of another. Since the liability is tortuous, the burden will be n you to prove that the loss has occurred due to the action of the other. Therefore essentially you will have to prove that the loss occurred due to the action of the other. If you are able to prove the same you are entitled to get damages.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am registered in iit delhi from year 2012-13. But being unable to complete the degree , i also enrolled at rajasthan university for private (non col…

Read More

Hi,my grandfather was cultivating land later in 1982 got Notice to pay "kimmathu" "Hangami kandaya","Baandu fee" from Bangalore Tahashildhar but they …

Read More

Can a traffic constable take my bike keys out when I am on bike. Due to driving without helmet.…

Read More

I own a Maruti Ritz which is parked in a Government Authorized parking lot. I pay monthly fee of Rs. 1800 every month. Just on the night of 30th Dec w…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue