False petition against old woman, what to do

My neighbour has made a complaint to the municipality for cutting down a tree in my brother's property..its already registered in my brother's name..but the sad thing is he made complaint against my mother, who is having 65 yrs old.. yesterday municipality people's came to home and said my mother to come over a hearing against this issue..now i want to make a sue against that person for giving wrong petition against the old women, who is innocent in this case..pls let me knw the legal formalities for tht.

In this case, I understand that the opposite party has filed a false complaint against your mother. You can file a civil suit claiming damages for causing trauma and embarrassment to a old poor lady. Also, scope of criminal cases for malicious prosecution can also be explored in this issue.

Regards,

Sheejish PT
Advocate
Ernakulam

First u send a legal notice to the man who lodged false complaint against ur mother stating that within ------ days he ought to withdraw the above complaint or a civil suit for compensation for giving false complaint would be initiated against him.

Shaniwar Peth, Pune
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow

you mother has to attend the Municipality for hearing and submit the real facts. She may also prepare a statement in writing stating all the facts that she is not the real owner and she has nothing to do with this petition. At the same time she can file a petition before the concerned R.D.O, stating that she was unnecessarily dragged to the authorities by a false petition filed by the neighbor.