Continue to LawRato.com with Google


False petition against old woman, what to do

My neighbour has made a complaint to the municipality for cutting down a tree in my brother's property..its already registered in my brother's name..but the sad thing is he made complaint against my mother, who is having 65 yrs old.. yesterday municipality people's came to home and said my mother to come over a hearing against this issue..now i want to make a sue against that person for giving wrong petition against the old women, who is innocent in this case..pls let me knw the legal formalities for tht.

Answers (3)


In this case, I understand that the opposite party has filed a false complaint against your mother. You can file a civil suit claiming damages for causing trauma and embarrassment to a old poor lady. Also, scope of criminal cases for malicious prosecution can also be explored in this issue.


Sheejish PT

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

First u send a legal notice to the man who lodged false complaint against ur mother stating that within ------ days he ought to withdraw the above complaint or a civil suit for compensation for giving false complaint would be initiated against him.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

you mother has to attend the Municipality for hearing and submit the real facts. She may also prepare a statement in writing stating all the facts that she is not the real owner and she has nothing to do with this petition. At the same time she can file a petition before the concerned R.D.O, stating that she was unnecessarily dragged to the authorities by a false petition filed by the neighbor.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I bougjt the car 3 year ago the car was new and single emi they had not filled my relative i taken the car without paperwork i filled the emi upto 3 y…

Read More

Im married not staying with her for last 5 yrs engaged with another lady now wants a divorce with my first wife is it possible ?…

Read More

Respected Sir / Madam, Greetings for the Day! This is to inform you that I have got the Agriculture Land at post Wakad, Taluka Niphad, Dist Nashik. I …

Read More

A women has filed a complaint against me for allegedly molesting her during our meeting for the purpose of mqtrimonial alliance , which is entirely fa…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue