Damp in house as resident places water tank causing water retention

..i am a resident in delhi ..i am staying at third floor..person on second floor has forcefully placed a water tank on the terrace..whereas we have the floor rights..due to which we have water retention and our terrace is having damp in our house..she was legally supposed to just place only on tank..secondly if we lock the terrace she jumps from our neighbours terrace...this person is in police so he harrases us..please let me know what legal action i may take against them

Answers (5)

121 votes

First you can complain the same off to the police station n local authorities, and then u can file a suit in the court for injunction where in ull plead that he may be restricted from doing any act which is harmful to you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

187 votes

you can initiate action against him in both civil law as well as criminal law.

Criminal Action
1.You can file complaint against him/her in your area police station for trespassing and harassment
2.You can complaint to his/her superior of his misuse of his position and for harassing you

You can file civil suit for injunction and damages to your property.You can initiate the action by giving a legal notice to the person stating that if she do not mend her ways and do the things rightfully then you will be forced to approach the court of law.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
139 votes

We need to consider and see your rights on the floor. If you have exclusive rights you can very well file a complaint of trespassing and damaging your property. Doesn’t matter if the person is in police, law is equal for all. Plz contact me for further assistance

309 votes

Please share your documents through which the rights were conveyed to you. Don't worry about the police officers. File suit for damages and injunction directing the Police officer to stop interfering you. Please note that if you keep the trespasser using the terrace, a right may be created against you for her to use the terrace.
Send a legal notice first. If you are financially weak, I will do it pro bono.

147 votes

The most appropriate legal actions which can be taken would be filing an Injunction suit restraining the person from going to terrace and for removing the tank as placed by him wrongly and to make all necessary repairs and bear the costs of the same. And you can also seek damages from him.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles