Coal truck seized by the Assam forest department asking to pay penalty

My coal truck has been seize and confiscate by Assam forest department.. they told me to pay a penalty against it,but now it's more than one month that they keep on pending the official work.. so what legal action should I take

Answers (5)

308 votes

You can file a Zimma petition before honourable Chief Judicial Magistrate court in your jurisdiction againts the seized truck. If any penalty imposed than court will decide it . First you mentioned your case no details

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

163 votes

you have to file zimma petition (custody ) before the concerned court and if your all documents are correct then you can also file criminal complain before the court against the forest departments.

As per S-451 of CRPC (Order for custody and disposal of property pending trial in certain cases)

When any property is produced before any Criminal Court during any inquiry or trial, the Court may make such order as it thinks fit for the proper custody of such property pending the conclusion of the inquiry or trial, and, if the property is subject to speedy and natural decay, or if it is otherwise expedient so to do, the Court may, after recording such evidence as it thinks necessary, order it to be sold or otherwise disposed of.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience
268 votes

More details regarding your issue would be required. Why was your truck seized? Were all your necessary papers Ok? The forest department cannot seize your truck on any whimsical or flimsy ground if you were transporting the coal legally. You may have to file a writ petition against the forest department soon.

118 votes

Your coal truck can be seized only for coal if you have not paid the required royalty to the government. But whenever you pay the royalty the authority is bound to release the vehicle with coal. On the other hand you can approach the authority as well as Court for release of your vehicle.

279 votes

Every process of legal action is to suffice to some limitation .............................if the authority is averse to initiate any action with respect to the your mentioned problem you can resort to legal action in court ....

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles