Clarification regarding benefit related to joint hindu family property

there is a property in the joint names of HINDU family members. No body stayed in the said property except my mother in law. She stays there near about 40 years as one of owner . My question is this, if this property will be developed or promoted will she get additional benefit while agreement will be signed as she is the only resident in that property. kindly advice me

Answers (4)

There are differences between the terms promoting a property and developing a must decide at the first instance which way would be beneficial for owners of the joint property.Terms and conditions are negotiable.A property consultant to be associated in the process to protect the interest of the present owners.Should you feel my professional assistance is required , contact lawRato for further instructions.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


There is no impediment in developing of promoting the property as long as every one is on his or her own volition gives the consent. But those residing within the property may demand certain benefits as it is their only residence, which may be made accordingly to smoother the process.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

If the property is joint property of family members then the property is to be equally distributed among all the legal heirs and she does not get extra benefit . but without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

There is no law to get extra share or benefits but as as absolute possession holder she can claim extra portion of owners allocation from the developer and if the developer will agreed to give extra share then it should be mention in the development agreement as agreed by the parties

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

A person planned to trapped me in fake case. He feels jealous about my carrier. I am doing job. I will not fight with can i take legal action.…

Read More

Hello sir, My shop is in Rampur (U.P) & the neighbour has made illegal construction on some part of the shop. Now the District Magistrate has orde…

Read More

My neighbour has a 3 storey building. He has rented his ground floor to a courier company, DTDC since the last 5 years. Offlate the courier company ha…

Read More

Dear sir/madam, My father have 1.28 acre of registered agricultural land.6 years back it is transferred to me in the form of gift deed....but 12 years…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue