Clarification regarding benefit related to joint hindu family property

there is a property in the joint names of HINDU family members. No body stayed in the said property except my mother in law. She stays there near about 40 years as one of owner . My question is this, if this property will be developed or promoted will she get additional benefit while agreement will be signed as she is the only resident in that property. kindly advice me

There are differences between the terms promoting a property and developing a property.you must decide at the first instance which way would be beneficial for owners of the joint property.Terms and conditions are negotiable.A property consultant to be associated in the process to protect the interest of the present owners.Should you feel my professional assistance is required , contact lawRato for further instructions.

Sir/Ma'am,

There is no impediment in developing of promoting the property as long as every one is on his or her own volition gives the consent. But those residing within the property may demand certain benefits as it is their only residence, which may be made accordingly to smoother the process.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur

If the property is joint property of family members then the property is to be equally distributed among all the legal heirs and she does not get extra benefit . but without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

There is no law to get extra share or benefits but as as absolute possession holder she can claim extra portion of owners allocation from the developer and if the developer will agreed to give extra share then it should be mention in the development agreement as agreed by the parties