Clarification on case status says being disposed off

Hi, Me and my family were booked for dowry case in 2016 and now we checked on Internet and the case status is updated as CASE DISPOSED and the nature of the case status is Uncontested closed. Can you please advise me the case is actually closed or still open and what does this means

Dear Si8r,

As per my experience in Karnataka, such descriptions will be used only in case of case being filed under section 200 Cr.P.C. for the offense under section 498A. The complainant must proceed with the case her presence was necessary on every hearing date. If the complainant and her advocate do not turn up the case will be treated as disposed which means dismissed for default. In such case, it can be re-opened by the same Court. Until such order is set aside by the Higher Court you are deemed to without free from all such allegations. If in future complainant approach the Higher Court then you will receive copy of such revision or other petition.

The case is not procesecuted by the complainant, bezc they are not serious, so the Hon'ble court might have disposed, so first apply for the certified copy of the order/judgement or the whole file. Then consult a advocate. You will come to know what exactly.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur

Please do tell whether you were served any summons by court. If not mostly police may have filed B report and the complainant may have not challenged the same as such court has disposed the case as uncontested.