Clarification on case status says being disposed off

Hi, Me and my family were booked for dowry case in 2016 and now we checked on Internet and the case status is updated as CASE DISPOSED and the nature of the case status is Uncontested closed. Can you please advise me the case is actually closed or still open and what does this means

Answers (3)

Dear Si8r,

As per my experience in Karnataka, such descriptions will be used only in case of case being filed under section 200 Cr.P.C. for the offense under section 498A. The complainant must proceed with the case her presence was necessary on every hearing date. If the complainant and her advocate do not turn up the case will be treated as disposed which means dismissed for default. In such case, it can be re-opened by the same Court. Until such order is set aside by the Higher Court you are deemed to without free from all such allegations. If in future complainant approach the Higher Court then you will receive copy of such revision or other petition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

The case is not procesecuted by the complainant, bezc they are not serious, so the Hon'ble court might have disposed, so first apply for the certified copy of the order/judgement or the whole file. Then consult a advocate. You will come to know what exactly.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Please do tell whether you were served any summons by court. If not mostly police may have filed B report and the complainant may have not challenged the same as such court has disposed the case as uncontested.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

we have appealed a pronote case confiring the decree in 2013 after many days it is showing LISTING DATE : 18-01-2017 and so far 3 notices have been se…

Read More

Dear Sir, Please clarify what does a case with "disposed" status mean? Whether its hearing has been done or a case without a bench?…

Read More

grandchildren have rights to grandfather property ? if grandfather sell his ancestral property and purchased same property back again then grandchildr…

Read More

I am a plaintiff. After i had received a notice from Court, I have submitted my plea statement in front of Court. Later court status is showing as Cal…

Read More