Wife is staying separate and asking for the child custody

We are marrried for 8 yrs and have a girl child of 4yrs out of marriage. PAst 3 months my wife left us and staying at her parents house. Now suddently they came back and forcing me to return the kid to them, which i am objecting. One of my friend who is an advocate, is suggesting to file Caveat petition so they do not file some false cases / custody cases against me and take away the child. Kindly request to guide me if I can go ahead with the suggested caveat to safeguard the child with me.. or any other solution to not to return the kid to them...kindly help me with some solution.

Caviet is not the safeguard
It is just the petition that if any party in future file any case against you then firstly the court issued notice to you without hearing the petitioner
For safeguard of child, you have to make an complaint application

Popular Child Custody Lawyers