Wife is staying separate and asking for the child custody

We are marrried for 8 yrs and have a girl child of 4yrs out of marriage. PAst 3 months my wife left us and staying at her parents house. Now suddently they came back and forcing me to return the kid to them, which i am objecting. One of my friend who is an advocate, is suggesting to file Caveat petition so they do not file some false cases / custody cases against me and take away the child. Kindly request to guide me if I can go ahead with the suggested caveat to safeguard the child with me.. or any other solution to not to return the kid to them...kindly help me with some solution.

Answers (1)

327 votes

Caviet is not the safeguard
It is just the petition that if any party in future file any case against you then firstly the court issued notice to you without hearing the petitioner
For safeguard of child, you have to make an complaint application

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles