Girl child Custody what to do

I got married in Christianity in 2012 but got separated becoz of abuse ad physical torture. Frm 4 yrs i took complete care of my child both physically an financially. I want to know about Girl Child custody rights. what is the correct age court gives Girl Child to decide with whom she wants to stay.I heard for boys child the age is 5 yrs what about Girl child. I'm a working women so I'm financially capable to support my child. I have gave my husband visiting rights to spend time with my child but I don't want him to take her to his home they may brainwash my child how can i restrict him from taking my child to his home. I'm scared they may take my child away please help me

Answers (1)

140 votes

You can claim custody of the child under Hindu Minority Act and guardianship act 1956.As per the said Act custody of a child up to 6 years stays with mother however after examining the paramount welfare interest of the child custody of the child can be given to father

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles